J.Crew ruffle henley tutorial
Here's a tutorial for how to make your own from a t-shirt hoodie. I know I have several of these, and they're honestly not that flattering. The hood pulls back on the placket and I always feel flat-chested in them. So, I'm going to take this black thermal one and turn it into a cute ruffle-front henley.
- Start with a cheap hoodie (this is from Wet Seal or some equally cheap quality place in the mall)
- Cut off the hood, just above the seam that attaches it to the shirt. This will be the ruffle fabric.
- Cut off the binding of the hood, and cut down the center seam. Now you have a bunch of scraps.
- Cut the hood into bias strips and sew them together. Press the seams open.
- Gather one edge 1/4" or so in and pin it to the neck edge.
- Sew next to the edge. I ran out of ruffle a little near the bottom of the henley placket. Oh, well.