Vintage 60's quilt top project
I wanted to make it into an actual quilt, so in keeping with the vintage theme, I bought some vintage print sheets at Goodwill Outlet on another trip, all of the same floral pattern, and had enough to do the backing of the quilt and maybe a matching something-or-other later on. I pinned the layers together with some warm-and-natural quilt batting and machine quilted the whole thing! Which took a long time since I did a lot of rows, but I didn't care enough to do hand-quilting! Then I bound the edges with double-fold bias tape, but I didn't have enough of any one color, so I used four different colors, one on each side! Funky and multi-colored.
It's going to go in our bedroom, probably, although it's only a twin so it'll be a throw kind of blanket. We're painting the walls pure white and going for a sort of Danish modern simple look in there, so the pop of color will be really fun, I think!