Romantic drapey sweater makeover tutorial
These from Anthropologie:
Needless to say, there are a lot of possibilities!
Here's a (primarily photo) tutorial for how I made my own similarly-flavored sweater!
- I took this:
- Got rid of some of the excess length of the ties:
- I used some vintage lace I had, think I got it at Goodwill Outlet. It was still attached to some bias-cut thin cotton and it was sewn into a loop. I think it was the hem on something...
- I used a large stitch to gather one edge of the lace.
- I measured the rough amount of gathered lace that I would need to go all along the neck edge and cut off the excess. Then I found and marked my centers and matched them up.
- Then I sewed the lace right on top of the neck edge.
- At the bottom of the neck edge, I tightened the gathers up:
- Aaaaand, done!
So cozy and feminine at the same time!