Rich dark chocolate mousse--a classic French recipe
She showed us how to make delicious mousse but I have never been able to get my egg whites quite as stiff as she did... sigh... anyway see in the picture, I don't have any ramekins so I used these wine glasses my grandma gave me, very vintage...
Classic Chocolate Mousse
- 10 oz chocolate (just shy of a bag of chocolate chips)
- Splash of milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 eggs, separated
- Melt chocolate and milk in a saucepan.
- Separate egg whites and yolks. Mix the yolks and sugar with the chocolate, then sift in flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Very delicately, fold the whites into the chocolate.
- Put into ramekins or a bowl and refrigerate 4 hours or more.