Easiest DIY canvas wall art... super simple tutorial
DIY Glitter Letter Wall Art TutorialYou will need:
- Small art canvas
- Iron-on lettering
- Big ruler, like clear quilting ruler
- Scotch tape!
- Clear spray enamel
1. Measure to find the center of your canvas. Mark a few light pencil dots along the center line.
2. Put the center letter or space on the very center point you just found, and fill in the other letters on that line. (My words had 24 letters, so I put 8 on each line, with 2-3 words per line).
3. Line your words up with your ruler, keeping parallel to the center line dashes. Put a loooooooong piece of scotch tape over your letters--don't let them move!
4. Flip the canvas over and iron the words lightly. Then, flip back and take off the Scotch tape. The letters will definitely be stuck on already! They don't need much heat to adhere! Once you've taken the tape off, flip it back and give it a more thorough pressing.
5. Space out your next line using your ruler (a clear one is so helpful here, so you can see the original straight center line), again putting the center letter or space of that line at the center of the canvas. Repeat steps 2 through 4.
And so on until you have all your lines. OMG, wasn't that easy?!? Now erase your pencil markings if any of them didn't get letters put on them to cover up.
6. This last step is probably optional, but I think it'll be great to protect against dust. Give the canvas a very, light coat of clear spray enamel! Be warned, sometimes this stuff has a slight yellowish or tannish tint, but if you only use a little it shouldn't show up.
So fun and soooo easy!