Weekend inspiration: In the moments before the housewarming...
- Paint accent wall in guest room. Inspiration:
- Paint stripes in bathroom. I already taped them off! If you follow me on Instagram, you saw the beginning...
- Paint four nightstands. Yes, four. I bought a cute set on Craigslist today, plus a couple others I've acquired recently also for super cheap... two will match, one will be a side table in the living room, one's an Ikea RAST and will be super cool! Inspiration for that one, some variation on this:
- Make pillows for bedroom. Sort of inspiration here--I already have fabric like this, and it wants to be pillows.
- Chanel my inner Michelle Armas and paint the huge canvas I bought for the above the couch. She uses such pretty colors...
- Hang some framed pictures, maybe? The walls are still depressingly bare!
- Make pink curtains for the living room
- Make natural linen curtains for the dining room (gotta buy the fabric first! Oops!)
Okay, I'll stop there since I'm probably overwhelming you. I overwhelm myself. And my poor, sweet, supportive husband. I'm serious that I want to do all of these projects in the next two days, by the way... I'll be sure to update you on how that goes. I just need a few more hours, I swear! ;)
The light at the end of the tunnel is, my dad and husband suggested that I STOP with the house projects after we have the housewarming, and just relax for a little while! I love that idea. We'll get the house as good as we can by Sunday, and then I'll stop for a while and work on other things. Like my book.
I've been doing what I can every evening this week, too, and I can't wait to share with you some more things--and get that headboard tutorial up. Already done this week? Make new covers for some icky fake leather Parsons chairs I got cheap. Even did the nailhead trim. (OUCH). My thumb pads are still tingly. Here's a sneak peek.
Phew. My heart is full of beautiful, colorful rooms and images, but my brain is a little stressed by all the to-dos. Looking forward to holding this party (I said I wanted to do it early so the pressure to make any big changes was off--well, look at what happened anyway, oops...) and then taking a little break and posting all the pics!!
Hope you enjoyed the weekend inspiration! Have a good one!!