PNW summer dinner party recipe! Spiced broiled salmon with lime butter
This recipe features incredible wild-caught salmon from Kenai Red Fish Company, a CSF (community-supported fishery) that delivers subscriptions to Portland. I love salmon and wish I ate more of it, but it's hard to find the good quality stuff and know where it's from. This company provides a really wonderful service and connection to amazing salmon!
For the recipe I developed for our dinner party shoot (also featuring Sam Rosen, Mary Bodyen, Stemm Floral, and Kelsey Malie Calligraphy) I wanted to do something exciting and summery, but also let the great salmon flavor come through. I really like making my own spice blends, but I also wanted the tanginess of citrus. I did lime instead of lemon with this simple, slightly spicy rub--it was a great combination!
This recipe is great for dinner parties (or busy weeknights) because it only takes about 10 minutes in the oven!
Spicy Broiled Salmon with Lime and Lime Butter
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted grassfed butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Slices of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large fillets (about 2 lbs) wild-caught salmon
- Coconut oil for baking sheet
- For the lime butter: Combine all lime butter ingredients in a mini food processor (or use a jar and emulsion blender).
- Refrigerate lime butter several hours or overnight (optional, just makes it scoop better).
- Turn oven to broil at 475 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- For the salmon: Mix dry ingredients in a dish and rub on insides of salmon fillets.
- Squeeze lime juice over lime fillets. Top with lime slices. (For crispier individual fillets, cut into smaller pieces before broiling.)
- Broil for 10 minutes.
- Serve with pats of lime butter.
The combination of flavorful, slightly spicy salmon and heavenly garlicy-tangy-salty butter is incredible!!! Seriously magical!