Super tea! Grassfed collage protein blended tea recipe
My pregnant friend was having a hard time getting enough protein in her diet some days, but mentioned that she liked tea in the evenings and that she can't have any artificial sweeteners and is avoiding processed foods more than usual in her pregnancy. It suggested this tea recipe as well as the protein shake, and I had to write down/publish this it to share with you as well!
Super tea! Grassfed collagen protein blended tea
- 1 tea bag/1 cup strong tea, whatever kind you're in the mood for
- 1 scoop pasture-raised collagen peptides or collagen protein gelatin (this brand is also grassfed but has less protein)
- 1 tsp raw honey (we get ours at the farmers' market)
- 1/4 c. full-fat coconut milk (or your favorite milk or cream)
- Make tea with almost-boiling water; let steep a little longer than you might usually for a strong tea.
- Pour tea in blender and add collagen peptides or collagen protein gelatin. The peptides dissolve in hot or cold liquid so if you only buy one and also want to make my protein shake recipe, I recommend that one. I like the gelatin for hot drinks since it makes them thicker! Stir/partially dissolve in tea.
- Blend tea and peptides or gelatin. It gets very frothy!
- Add honey and milk or cream of choice; blend again.
Great bedtime ritual if you use herbal tea! I find the combination of protein and fat keeps me full and helps me sleep, and there's evidence that both raw honey and gelatin can improve sleep.
Or drink it whenever you want because it's yummy!