Thought I'd share a few recommendations for gifts for the crafty, creative sewing hobbyist in your life! Honestly for me this year, I included a lot of design and style books on my Christmas list, so those top faves are on here. But there are also some fun, pretty, inspiring goodies that could make any sewing fan happy, and I've included things that a newer sewist might enjoy. Some of my fave sewing tools--gotta have that magnetic pin cushion. ;)
Great gifts for sewers:
- This super amazing clear pegboard kit from Amazon
- Super sharp, pointy thread snips!
- Powerful and wonderful magnetic pin cushion/pin caddy--not super common so she probably doesn't have one already, but sooo helpful!
- Books by bloggers =): Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home
- Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy
- Another book by the very impressive blogger Grace Bonney, Design*Sponge at Home
- By talented mom and daughter blogger team, Good Bones, Great Pieces: The Seven Essential Pieces That Will Carry You Through a Lifetime
- Power scissors. Love these spring-loaded Fiskars
- This is my iron, and I love it!
- You guessed it, a book by a blogger--new this year and great for vintage-lovers and sewers, Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing: A Modern Guide to Couture-Style Sewing Using Basic Vintage Techniques
- For the new sewer or crafter who wants to get into sewing, a big gift would be a simple machine like this one. My friend has it and I've used hers once, and I approve!
There you have it. Holiday gifts of all kinds for the stylish, creative, ambitious or new sewing fan in your life!
Or, sewers out there, what do you like to get as gifts that support your hobby??