Hello! I'm Suzannah, a serious DIYer. Follow along with my DIY fixer upper house renovation, sewing and crafty projects, real food recipes, and de-stressing goals. I'm a recovering former vegan and vegetarian, now healing with a nutrient-dense mostly Paleo diet, and love at-home CrossFit and yoga workouts. I'm also the author of DIY Wardrobe Makeovers!

First baby expected April 2018!


Healthy pregnancy faves at 27 weeks along!

I've shared a few pregnancy updates the past few months, but I'm 27 weeks along now (can't believe it's almost the third trimester!!) and I've had some new challenges besides the morning sickness and fatigue of trimester 1. As much as I resist buying more stuff these days (#wannabesortofminimalism), there are a few products that I've sprung for that I am SO grateful for and I wanted to share!

Also, now that the bump is really visible, I've decided to be better about documenting. And, this past weekend I finally bought myself quite a few actual maternity tops, like from a real maternity store, so I am looking a little cuter than my constant long-tee-and-vest combos of weeks past.
No comments


Your Home Story Episode 4: Curating Your Home Style

Last week, in episode 3 of the Your Home Story podcast, we talked about how (and why) to identify your favorite design style/s or aesthetic you want for your home. This week in episode 4, we take it another step further--what do to next?!?! How to stay true to that vision?!

Episode 4: Curating Your Home Style

We talk about organizing your ideas to keep your style consistent--tools in Instagram, Pinterest, and more. Find me on Pinterest here and Ashley here. And listen in because I share a KEY tip for pinning directly from Instagram, which is so useful!

(I have been adding a lot of new pins lately. Here's a couple faves.)

No comments


Your Home Story Episode 3: How to Identify Your Home Style

In this episode of Your Home Story, we talk about how and why to define your home style. The look or aesthetics you're most drawn, the style that you want in your bedroom, your living room, your kitchen... maybe you're drawn to a lot. You may be asking, Why pick a style? Why not just collect and decorate with all the stuff you like? Well, we answer those questions and more!

Episode notes for episode 3 include...

Episode 3: How to Identify Your Home Style

We talk about what it means to have an aesthetic you continually are drawn to and use in your home, and why you might want to narrow it down to one or two. And how to do that!

We talk about style quizzes and what they're useful for. Some we recommend: My Domaine home style, HGTV home style, My Domaine Spirit Pattern. Also, Home Edit Guides to home styles.

A hot issue for me (since we're trying to buy a historic home that is way different than our previous 90's builder basic one, read more on that here), we talk about how much of your decor style is or should be dictated by the character of your home. Some Instagram accounts that work with their home age/style: Grit and PolishEmily NetzFrancois et MoiAshley @ The Gold Hive.
Source: @ashleykgoldman

No comments


Your Home Story Episode 2: All About Painting Cabinets

As I shared in this post, I've started a podcast, Your Home Story! With my co-host Ashley of Bigger than the Three of Us.

Episodes 1-3 are live now and I hope you download and love them!

Episode 2 is one of our deep dives, with practical tips and experience on a sometimes daunting task--painting cabinets. Read on for my episode notes and to listen online if you like!

Episode 2: All About Painting Cabinets

Ashley and I have both painted our kitchen cabinets, and she's done some bathroom ones, too.

In the episode we talk about the projects we've done (I painted our dingy oak cabinets, tutorial here, and Ashley got new fronts and painted them and her existing bases) and why we both used and loved the same brand/line of paint.

No comments


Your Home Story Episode 1: Introducing the Your Home Story Podcast!!!!!!!!

Was that enough exclamation points?? Today is a very exciting day. It's the official launch of the podcast I've been working on, Your Home Story!

My co-host is Ashley of Bigger than the Three of Us and we are both DIY renovation and design lovers making over our homes. We've both learned a lot in the process and have lots to share with you about challenge, paint, design styles, decorating specific rooms, and more! We want to empower you to create a home you love!

We believe you don’t have to be an interior designer to create a home you love, and you don’t have to be a contractor to do the work yourself.

Read on to see what we talk about in Episode 1!
No comments


Create/Enjoy BIG goals for 2018! And an announcement or two

It's that time of year! Reflecting back on the old, and looking forward to the new. In this post I shared top projects we did in 2017; today not only am I sharing what you should expect to hear about on this blog in 2018, I have a BIG announcement/new project to share with you! Actually sort of two!

What to expect on Create/Enjoy in 2018

1. Baby

Baby Stanley is due April 18, 2018. You can follow along with baby posts so far here and pregnancy posts here. So far you guys have loved reading our updates along the way and I'm so touched! Thank you! This has been a goal of ours for a long, long time now and it's been so crazy now that it's happening.

Looking forward to learning and sharing more as we go, and of course, following item 3 on this list, creating a nursery!
No comments
© Create / Enjoy • Theme by Maira G.