Lace-embellished tee Tutorial!
- Bring out your trims... depending on the shape you want, you'll only need a little bit so scraps are perfect!
- Arrange the trims in the shape you want. Try different things out!
- So, to do a horizontal line of trim on your t-shirt, follow these tips. Find the spot where you want the trim to be on one side, and mark it with a fabric pen or a straight pin. Fold the tee in half over the center front at the neckline, matching your sleeve seams, and mark the same place on the other side.
- Draw a straight line from point to point.
- Now, using sharp and pointy thread snips, pick out the serging and/or stitching at the armhole below the line.
- Pin the trim on following your straight line.
- Sew it down using your machine. Careful; the tee shirt tends to stretch more than the trim as you sew, so make sure you pin every few inches!
- I sewed across my wide lace at the top, bottom, and middle. Five rows of stitching!
- Once you've applied the trim, carefully sew your armhole seam back up! Try to match the original seam so it doesn't pull wrong. It'll feel like a very small seam allowance.
- Trim off excess trim inside the seam.
- Wear and enjoy!
I will have to try this again with another tee and more trims! I'm happy to see lace-embellished tees in the stores and magazines this season, since they are a little easier to do than self-fabric ruffled ones, or ones that take manipulating fabrics and cutting off sleeves! They're fun, too, but these are faster!